Break out those ugly sweaters and join us on Saturday, December 2 at 9:00 am for a holiday hustle down Route One in Falmouth. The Ugly Sweater 5K and Merry Mile Fun Run / Walk are part of the Very Merry Falmouth weekend celebration with events running Thursday-Saturday. Proceeds from the race benefit the Falmouth Memorial Library's Annual Fund.
About the Ugly Sweater 5k and Merry Mile:
• The venue is located at the American Legion on Depot Road across the street from Falmouth Memorial Library. The start and the finish line is on Depot Road in front of the American Legion.
• Bib pick-up and race day registration are in the tent next to American Legion.
• Refreshments will be available to runners and walkers after each event.
• Parking will be available at the library, American Legion and next to the baseball field.
• Directions – Depot Road intersects with Rt 1. Those coming from outside Falmouth can take exit 10 of Rt 295.
Ugly Sweater 5K at 9 AM - Details
• Registration fee includes a custom shopping bag if one registers before November 2. The fee is $30.00. The registration fee for individuals 18 years old or younger is $20. Walkers are strongly discouraged from entering this event. The Merry Mile is intended for walkers.
• Course – Depot Road to Rt 1. Right on Rt 1 south to Rt 88. North to Old Mill, turn right, left on to Edgewater, right on to Anderson, left on to Ridgeway, left on to Rt 88, right on to Depot, right on to pedestrian way along Rt 1 to finish line across from Shaws.
• Awards – First place male and female plus first place of each 10-year age group; 5K runners with Ugly Sweaters are also eligible for first, second or third place awards for the ugliest sweater.
• Tote bags to the first 150 households who register by Nov 2.
For safety reasons, the police have asked me to notify runners that strollers will not be allowed in the 5K. They are welcome to join the Merry Mile, which is on the pedestrian way.
Ugly Sweater Merry Mile at 9 AM - Details
• Registration fee is $15 for an individual and $50 for a family. Registration fee includes a custom shopping bag if one registers before November 2. Runners and walkers will not be timed. This is an event to show off one’s ugly sweater and parade along Rt 1.
• Course is Depot Road to Rt 1, right on Rt 1 sidewalk to turn around and return the same route back to the finish.
• Awards – First, second and third place awards will be given to the ugliest sweaters as voted by participants.